A Sign of the Times | Raleigh Lawn Care and Raleigh Landscaping
A sign of the times – Raleigh Landscaping
With our crazy weather we have been having, warm wet winters and scorching dry summers, we are forced to look at a new set of issues arising with lawn care. With university research and advice, we are investigating moss issues, as moss has been taking over many lawns during the wet winters for the past 2-3 years. Moss is a primary successor that spreads and grows rapidly with the presence of water, shade, and soil pH factors. Moss is a simple non-vascular plant; therefore not much can ever be done to control it chemically. If its coverage becomes too dense, manual removal may be required. Tillage is often not the best answer as it can spread the spores even more.
Other underlying factors that may improve conditions include, trimming your trees back to improve sunlight, improve soil drainage, or manage your soil pH with liming. Maybe next year we will have a hard freeze that kills the moss.
www.capitalcitygroundskeeping.com | Raleigh Lawn Care and Raleigh Landscaping
Ryan Walsh, Founder & Owner
Hi and thank you so much for visiting Capital City Groundskeeping. We’re a full service lawn care and groundskeeping company based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. I started performing lawn maintenance to my clients with one philosophy in mind: provide consistent, superior service while building lasting relationships within our community. As a recent graduate of North Carolina State University, B.S. Turfgrass Science and Biological Sciences, I’ve grown passionate about lawn care and enjoy learning about the constantly growing green industry. After founding CCG over ten years ago, I’m proud in the growth we’ve achieved and excited about our future projects. My name is Ryan Walsh and I look forward to speaking with you about your lawn care questions and landscaping goals.
- Core Aeration Our Way!- Now is the time of year...
- Raleigh Weed Control Update for September 2014 ...
- Aeration in the fall is one of the most importa...
- Mowing Heights are Key to Longevity – Ral...
- June Aeration Everyone knows that builders thes...
- Thanks To All Our Loyal Customers – Capital City Groundskeeping on
- Own a Small Business? Let us submit our bid to help your bottom line | Raleigh Lawn Care on
- Capital City Groundskeeping Featured In Stihl USA on
- Preventing Lawn Disease on
- Past Winter & Now Spring Continue To Be Mild & Relatively Wet – Raleigh Lawn Care on