Summer Has Begun -> How to Impress with Your Landscape | Raleigh Lawn Care and Raleigh Landscaping
Now that Summer has officially begun, it is important to properly maintain your lawn and landscaping to withstand the summer heat. First, start off by watering your lawn deeply and infrequently. This mean you should water 3-5 times per week for 20-45 minutes in each zone to reach a good depth, so you train your roots to grow deep and not stay shallow with light irrigation. Secondly, mow no more than 1/3 of the grass blade at 3 1/2 – 4″ high every 6-12 days to reduce stress while also keeping your blades sharp to reduce turf disease. When trimming bushes and shrubs, the rule of thumb also applies, trim no more than 1/3 of the plant at most. During these hot months, it is best to just trim and not reshape and reduce the plant size. Save the heavy pruning for the fall, when you can cut back from the years excessive growth.
Lastly, while your are planning your next backyard barbeque, think about hardscapes to add to or accent your lawn. We can add stone accents to beds and even create your all new patio with stone walkways and seating walls. Now is the time to turn your backyard into an oasis for your family and the envy of the neighborhood!
www.capitalcitygroundskeeping.com | Raleigh Lawn Care and Raleigh Landscaping
- Core Aeration Our Way!- Now is the time of year...
- Raleigh Weed Control Update for September 2014 ...
- Aeration in the fall is one of the most importa...
- Mowing Heights are Key to Longevity – Ral...
- June Aeration Everyone knows that builders thes...
- Thanks To All Our Loyal Customers – Capital City Groundskeeping on
- Own a Small Business? Let us submit our bid to help your bottom line | Raleigh Lawn Care on
- Capital City Groundskeeping Featured In Stihl USA on
- Preventing Lawn Disease on
- Past Winter & Now Spring Continue To Be Mild & Relatively Wet – Raleigh Lawn Care on