Choosing The Right Lawn Grasses Can Be a Tough Decision | Raleigh Lawn Care & Raleigh Landscaping Service
Choosing the right lawn grasses can be a tough decision in the greater Raleigh area. Why? The Triangle is unique in the fact that we have almost all varieties of turfgrasses available, but all of them are difficult to grow and maintain properly. Many home owners associations now have restrictions on the types of grasses that homeowners can seed or sod. Uniformity with your neighbors can also create a difficult situation. However, our main concern is to choose wisely based on the individual’s property needs and uses. In dense shade, cool season fescues need to be used but also need proper irrigation. Warm season Zoysia or Bermuda grasses are an excellent choice for less irrigated areas or where full sun is always available. When establishing a new lawn, laying sod is the fastest way to achieve best results, but if you have time and need a more cost effective solution, seeding can be achieved quickly with several turfgrass options. CapitalCityGroundskeeping.com
About Ryan Walsh, Founder & Owner
Hi and thank you so much for visiting Capital City Groundskeeping. We’re a full service lawn care and groundskeeping company based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. I started performing lawn maintenance to my clients with one philosophy in mind: provide consistent, superior service while building lasting relationships within our community. As a recent graduate of North Carolina State University, B.S. Turfgrass Science and Biological Sciences, I’ve grown passionate about lawn care and enjoy learning about the constantly growing green industry. After founding CCG over ten years ago, I’m proud in the growth we’ve achieved and excited about our future projects. My name is Ryan Walsh and I look forward to speaking with you about your lawn care questions and groundskeeping goals.
- Core Aeration Our Way!- Now is the time of year...
- Raleigh Weed Control Update for September 2014 ...
- Aeration in the fall is one of the most importa...
- Mowing Heights are Key to Longevity – Ral...
- June Aeration Everyone knows that builders thes...
- Thanks To All Our Loyal Customers – Capital City Groundskeeping on
- Own a Small Business? Let us submit our bid to help your bottom line | Raleigh Lawn Care on
- Capital City Groundskeeping Featured In Stihl USA on
- Preventing Lawn Disease on
- Past Winter & Now Spring Continue To Be Mild & Relatively Wet – Raleigh Lawn Care on