Update On Warm Season Grasses
Capital City Groundskeeping knows warm season grasses
Warm season grasses, Bermuda and Zoysia, have struggled this year up until now. Sod farms have had a difficult time harvesting the sod due to the grass being slower to mature from a cold winter and spring. We also saw a much higher disease rate than we previously expected, causing the sod quality to decline. Late June we will see supply of these grasses to increase as they have finally matured and improved. It is important to note that warm season grasses are good for the Raleigh area; they just tend to have more winter issues in prolonged and colder winter months. Tall Fescue grass should not be planted in late spring or summer months. We have experienced Fescue sod rapidly burning within 48 hours due to this heat and humidity.
About Ryan Walsh, Founder & Owner
Hi and thank you so much for visiting Capital City Groundskeeping. We’re a full service lawn care and groundskeeping company based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. I started performing lawn maintenance to my clients with one philosophy in mind: provide consistent, superior service while building lasting relationships within our community. As a recent graduate of North Carolina State University, B.S. Turfgrass Science and Biological Sciences, I’ve grown passionate about lawn care and enjoy learning about the constantly growing green industry. After founding CCG over ten years ago, I’m proud in the growth we’ve achieved and excited about our future projects. My name is Ryan Walsh and I look forward to speaking with you about your lawn care questions and groundskeeping goals.
- Core Aeration Our Way!- Now is the time of year...
- Raleigh Weed Control Update for September 2014 ...
- Aeration in the fall is one of the most importa...
- Mowing Heights are Key to Longevity – Ral...
- June Aeration Everyone knows that builders thes...
- Thanks To All Our Loyal Customers – Capital City Groundskeeping on
- Own a Small Business? Let us submit our bid to help your bottom line | Raleigh Lawn Care on
- Capital City Groundskeeping Featured In Stihl USA on
- Preventing Lawn Disease on
- Past Winter & Now Spring Continue To Be Mild & Relatively Wet – Raleigh Lawn Care on