Raleigh Lawn Care – Turf Disease Alert
Cool season grasses, Tall Fescue especially, have seen a rapid increase in brown patch and dollar spot disease over the past 2 weeks. This increase is attributed to the Triangle’s heat and humidity that has begun. It is always a good idea to spray a preventative fungicide one in each of the summer months for control. Fungicides may be spayed once the disease is visible however, it will not stop the infected area from dying. Also keep in mind proper irrigation techniques, watering early morning is best, as the turf can properly dry out as the day begins. Turf fungus is spread from being wet so keep in mind how important it is to follow best management practices.
p.s. keeping your lawn mower blades sharp helps tremendously, as turf injury is kept at a minimum!
Hi and thank you so much for visiting Capital City Groundskeeping. We’re a full service lawn care and groundskeeping company based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. I started performing lawn maintenance to my clients with one philosophy in mind: provide consistent, superior service while building lasting relationships within our community. As a recent graduate of North Carolina State University, B.S. Turfgrass Science and Biological Sciences, I’ve grown passionate about lawn care and enjoy learning about the constantly growing green industry. After founding CCG over ten years ago, I’m proud in the growth we’ve achieved and excited about our future projects. My name is Ryan Walsh and I look forward to speaking with you about your lawn care questions and groundskeeping goals.
Raleigh Lawn Care
- Core Aeration Our Way!- Now is the time of year...
- Raleigh Weed Control Update for September 2014 ...
- Aeration in the fall is one of the most importa...
- Mowing Heights are Key to Longevity – Ral...
- June Aeration Everyone knows that builders thes...
- Thanks To All Our Loyal Customers – Capital City Groundskeeping on
- Own a Small Business? Let us submit our bid to help your bottom line | Raleigh Lawn Care on
- Capital City Groundskeeping Featured In Stihl USA on
- Preventing Lawn Disease on
- Past Winter & Now Spring Continue To Be Mild & Relatively Wet – Raleigh Lawn Care on